These changes are completely within the control of the Democrat Party of Oklahoma, and are needed immediately.
- All Resolutions adopted by the State Convention and the most recent Democratic National Platform should always be accessible on the state website. People should know what we stand for.
- There should be monthly teleconferencing and or other contact with the county officials of a Congressional District, with monthly rotation. This will permit airing of ideas and complaints and, hopefully, an increasing number of compliments.
- V.A.N. Access and training will commence within two weeks of the state convention. (it should be happening now.) To the extent that regional in-person training is not practicable, we must create a training video to send to every corner of the state. We have secured promises from two experienced experts in the V.A.N. who have agreed to produce the training video.
- Commence candidates training during the summer of 2017. Many well-intentioned candidates have no idea how to run for office in a serious manner. The training would introduce them to operatives, pollsters, and have a discussion of the V.A.N., cutting up turfs, phone banking and make connections with media consultants for them to vet.
- Create a speakers’ bureau of prominent Democrats from all over the state who will pledge to attend meetings all over Oklahoma.
- Support the elimination of superdelegates in the presidential nominating process.
- Schedule a populist fundraising with campaign with small monthly donations, and secure a big name populist to conduct a mass meeting with a small admission fees. (I predict this will net way more money than the annual Carl Albert banquet.)